Primary Finance Group is a highly experienced group of debt finance specialists who have many years of experience in both funder and client-side roles. We have a collective track record of arranging debt solutions for clients in a range of different sectors and from SMEs to larger corporates. We understand what it means to run a business and we bring a unique insight having lent, arranged and utilised facilities in the past.
Our experienced team sits on your side of the table to structure, negotiate and deliver sources of debt funding which originate beyond just high street banks. We have access to an array of funders, extending from traditional institutions and finance companies to alternative debt providers. This means we can search the market to identify and tailor the best solution we can. Ranging from Asset Based Lending to other more niche forms of debt finance Primary Finance Group can assist.
Understanding Your Needs
At Primary Finance Group we work with businesses to understand what you need, where you want to go and then build the debt funding solution to get you there. We’ll produce an individually tailored finance proposal designed to meet your specific requirements including refinancing, growth, acquisition and turnaround.
Why Choose Primary Finance Group?
- Unwavering ethical and best practice focus.
- Demonstrable track record of arranging complex, scalable and timely debt finance solutions.
- Access to an extensive range of debt funders – high street, tier 2/3 and specialist funds.
- Proven capability of delivering funding into a variety of situations ranging from cashflow enhancement, acquisition/growth to turnaround.
- Capability to support strategic objectives, or to react to an unplanned and urgent needs.
- Client flexibility extending from SMEs to corporate multinationals.
- Experience of working with Private Equity backed companies and aligning to their objectives.
- Outsourced funder search, identification and assessment process – we do the heavy lifting.
- Ability to leverage high value debt market expertise and knowledge capital.
- Fully independent with clear shared goals.
- Carefully managed debt market engagement.
At Primary Finance Group, we pride ourselves in providing a responsible and professional service to ensure that our clients are treated fairly at all times. Through our honesty and integrity, we always endeavour to provide the service we have agreed upon to the best of our abilities without exception. These core principals form the bedrock of our business and ethos.
Primary Finance Group is pleased to continue to support the SME sector and our introducers whose business we highly value via our Primary Asset Finance brand. Through PAF, our dedicated Vendor and Asset Finance team are geared up to provide dedicated support through finance quotes and market searches to identify the best finance options we can find. Please click on the Primary Asset Finance logo to access the team directly.
Originally founded by Phil Betts in 2005 as a partnership Primary Asset Finance has grown steadily in the years since. Fellow Director Neil Taylor came on board in 2011 with the business converting to limited company status on 2017. The Primary Finance Group trading style launch in 2019 also captures the company’s breadth of activities and other brands, notably Primary Asset Finance. The PFG team now stands at 7 with local coverage from Scotland down to the South and East of England – see timeline below.
Primary Asset Finance Partnership founded by Phil Bes
Phil Betts Starts PAF
£15m ABL transaction completed – aerospace sector
£5m Funding Line (now £100m) arranged for major leasing business + £32m funding delivered – sports sector
Neil Taylor joins PAF
£35m Asset Finance delivered for well known automotive supplier
PAF Office Opened and Limited Company established – multiple ABL structures and standalone funding arranged
£300m funding milestone achieved since 2005 - Cashflow, Asset and Technology Finance offering launched for finance £10k+
Tom Miles and Mike Horn join PAF
PAF rebranded as Primary Finance Group (PFG) - Primary Business Finance launched and Scotland Division opened
Mike Davis joins PFG + PBF Associates
£20m funding facility delivered for $1bn multi-national + £15m Finance arranged for £100m T/O UK company – vendor offering launched
Roger Sanford joins PFG
Laura Day joins PFG